Monday, July 23, 2012

My Sleepy Ar-Star.

I thought I'd share with you Ari's usual bedtime routine. My baby LOVES to sleep. She takes numerous naps throughout the day & sleeps ALL NIGHT without waking! It's been this way since the end of her first month. We're pretty lucky.

My sweets is just a good baby all around. She loves her bath time. It really soothes her & puts her in a relaxing mood. She usually gets a bath around 7:30-8:00.
Followed by some "pampering" if you will.
& I just have to rave about this lotion. It's organic. It smells so so so good. I have noticed with other lotions that the smell doesn't last. This smell lingers for hours after her baths. She smells so good, I could just cuddle with her all night.
 (& yes I painted her toesies. I couldn't help myself.)
After her girly time & bath she gets her din-din! I have a little piggy on my hands. She's an eater, for sure. She has a 5 ounce bottle, and this REALLY relaxes her. Sometimes she falls into a food coma and she's out for the entire night. (but that is rare) 
After her feeding, it's story time.
Boy, does my sunshine love being read to!! She sits in my lap & smiles. It's the cutest. I'm trying to build her a library in her bedroom :) My all time fave: "Rainbow Fish" The sparkles & bright colors really get her attention. & come on, the story is just adorable & heart-felt.

After her bedtime story I lay her in her bassinet, give her a binky, (sometimes she chooses her thumb instead) and she stairs at the ceiling & falls asleep. Definitely an angel.
Her favorites are the "Mam" Pacifiers. Not only are they great, but they have the cutest designs!
She usually falls asleep for the night around 10:30-11:00. Sleeps the entire night with no interruptions, and wakes up for her first feeding around 9:00. Goes back to sleep for another hour or hour 1/2. It's AWESOME! Literally, freaking awesome.

But lately, I've noticed my sleeping angel is starting to wake a tad bit earlier. 7-ish. & she is sucking/chewing on EVERYTHING. I have come to the conclusion that she is indeed teething. So what soothes her are these:
They're Lifefactory Teethers. They rock. She loves them, you can use them as bracelets so they don't get lost, etc. I've read amazing reviews about these & I agree!

Being a mommy is the most important job ever. But how lucky am I to have this job? Not even lucky, I'm blessed. Big difference! She is the one person that can put a smile on my face regardless of all the crap going on in my life. I love you, minnie!

2 comments: