Thursday, October 25, 2012

Living Room Decor

I've been wanting to update this living room ever since we moved in last April.. a WEEK before Ari was born! Now that life is SORTA slowing down (yeah right) I think I might be able to squeeze in a little time focusing on it. Day by day. I'm so excited! I really love whites & greys, with only a little pop of color. It makes me feel more relaxed that way. But that's just me. Right now we're living in a 900 sq. feet apartment. Not too small, not huge either. The walls are an off white (bleh) Not much we can do about that though. The carpet is indeed grey :) All of our accessories are black or grey. Pretty simple. I do like it, but I think ever since I've had a baby, and things are constantly changing, I feel like my home needs a little change as well!

So with this design, I want greys and a lot of white, in this picture I've added purple flowers. I love grey & purple together, But I WILL admit, I'm not sure on the color I want to add for the accessories. I'm kind of stuck between yellow, purple, or peach/orange. Tell me what color you think I should pick!


(All of this is at Z Gallerie.. other than the Tissue Garland.)
Purple Floral Accessory- I'm not that big into fake flowers. Most of the time I think they're extremely tacky... but these are unmistakeably beautiful. And it doesn't hurt that they're HUGE. (notice the price...haha)
Cloud Modular Sectional- I love the name. I love everything about this damn sofa. The first time I walked into Z Gallerie and saw this sofa, I basically fainted. Jaime literally said, "ya okay?" This is the BIG DADDY of all sofas. I'm telling you. You can't tell from the picture, but when you see it in person, you can literally fit 15 people on it, probably more. I am in love. Deeeeeeply in love. But obviously no shoes allowed! (I am still iffy about purchasing this, especially when Ari starts pulling up and walking, oh and the whole crayon thing, yeah.)
Boot Umbrella Stand- Not only is this probably the cutest/most creative idea ever, I will actually USE this for my umbrella... instead of throwing it in my car or in my closet. How convenient! Maybe I'll buy a fancy shamncy umbrella, silver sparkle? Just to spice up my living room, and look sassy while in the rain. (pfft)
Tuxedo New Years Eve Tissue Garland- I love all the colors she offers.. So adorable. I plan on ordering some for my living room & Ari's room! :)
Casablanca Dhurrie Rug - Fog- Simply love it. I love the pattern more than anything.
Snowfall Trees- My favorite accessory on this whole list! I will use these year-round. Probably because I am obsessed with the holidays but also because I think they can work for any time of the year. White treeeees. Oh honey, please...
Royce Mirror- You gotta add a little bling! And why not when you're looking at that beautiful face of yours?!
White Owl Bookends- Owwwwl, baby!!! Obsessed with them. The end.
Timber End Table- I love the rustic look. Beautiful without trying. That sorta thing. And I love the mix of white & grey in this piece. 


Tell me whatcha think folks. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment