Friday, October 12, 2012

My Long List of Children's Books.

This post could literally go on forever, but I'll try to make it as short & sweet as possible. I am a huge reader, and now that I have a daughter, I want her to enjoy reading as well. When I was a little girl, the highlight of my days in elementary was STORY TIME! (what's up?!) We would all gather around in a circle on the "special rug" and lean in! I think I was one of the few that was actually excited about it. I had a huge imagination when I was younger & it put me in the happiest mood.

I have been starting Ari's library since the day I found out I was preggers. I want her to read & experience all of the awesome books I got to read as a child. Sadly I don't have any of my childhood books, but thanks to Amazon & gently used books that are up for sale, I can find them!
 So obviously I've been on an online shopping spree.


-If You Give A Mouse A Cookie is by far one of my favorite books from childhood. It reminds me of school.. we got to pick a book during library time & I swear I picked this book .every.single.day.
-If You Give A Mouse A Muffin is pure cuteness. You can't go wrong with one of Laura Joffe Numeroff's books! Seriously.
- No, David is a good laugh. I remember cracking up hearing the teacher read this book.
-The Very Hungry Caterpillar .. I remember my teacher "Ms. Hikey" read this book to us all the time... classic!
-Chicka Chicka Boom Boom ...OMG. Same as above, Thank you Ms. Hikey for introducing these books to me! Another great classic.
The Berenstain Bears & TOO MUCH JUNK FOOD. I watch this show with Ari a lot, she giggles when she watches it, so she loves the book too!
- Goodnight, Moon ... Oh the sweetness! I read this to Ari every night! Just saying! & she adores it.
-Rainbow Fish is probably the sweetest children's book ever. It teaches them about sharing, it shows that each of us are different, but not one person is better than another. Plus, it's sparkly, come on.
-My Working Mom... Okay, let me just tell you, This WAS & IS my favorite childhood book. My teacher read this to us at school & that day when I got home I BEGGED my mom to go out & buy it for me because I loved it so much. She read it to me every day. We still talk about it til this day how much fun we had reading it together! (Plus it's perfect for Halloween, I need to buy this for Ari!)
-Marvin K. Mooney, Will You Please Go Now?! You can't go wrong with Dr. Suess. Point.Blank.Period.
-Amelia Bedila is a book I read during lunch time at school. Oh the memories.
-The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck ....epic CLASSIC! I also love The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
-Winne The Pooh .. Do I really need to say anything?! My heart melts!
-The Giving Tree.. Teaches you a darn good lesson. 

I could list so many more... but I don't want this to be TOO long... :)
Oh the memories are sinking in! I love that I get to relive them with my daughter!
Happy Tales.

2 comments:

  1. Winnie the Pooh is an obsession that stems from my childhood. I love him so much.

    Emily loves the hungry caterpillar and goodnight moon, we HAVE to read them everyday or something just isn't right haha! Love this post

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute how they get into their little routines :)

    ReplyDelete